Sunday, May 15, 2011

Essie Sweet Talker

This polish has been in my, "Please try me again before getting rid of me," box for months now, and I finally got around to trying it again. Not all polishes are love at first sight. The ones that I detest immediately get put up for swap right then. But if I suspect that the color needs another chance, I'll put it on the side and try it again another time.

The first time I tried to wear Sweet Talker, it took me three coats and it still wasn't even. I was disappointed because the shimmer that's so evident in the bottle died on the nail. I removed it in a disgusted funk and almost put it up for swap right then, but a little voice told me that it deserved a second chance. That second chance came last night, and I'm happy to say that my first application of Sweet Talker must have been largely the fault of user error. The formula is really not bad at all for a pastel, and I was able to get full coverage in two coats with no spots or streaks or dragging, using a light touch and medium coats.



I took one flash picture to try to capture the shimmer. It's there, but it's very, very subtle.


All in all, I'm glad I gave Sweet Talker a second chance. I still wish that the shimmer was more evident, but I'm quite happy with the shade of blue that it is and the application on my second go round really wasn't bad at all.

Sweet Talker is an online only retail exclusive. I got mine from Walmart's website, but I've also seen it on Walgreen's and CVS's websites.

As always, thanks for stopping by. I hope your Sunday is a good one! =)
Pin It

4 comments:

  1. I'm so glad I stumbled upon your blog today! I've been lemming Sweet Talker ever since the retail exclusives came out, but there are almost no swatches or reviews of it anywhere! So thank you :) I'm glad to hear your second experience with it was better, I really need to get a bottle.. I'm such a sucker for these types of colors. Your blog is really great, I can't wait to see more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Jana Hi and welcome, I'm so glad you found me too! I really rolled the dice with Sweet Talker because I couldn't find any swatches of it either. I have no many light blues, but I'm always searching for just that perfect one, and this one is really pretty much the closest one I've found. =) I'm so glad that you found my little post about this helpful! That's exactly why I've started blogging in the first place! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks really great on you, Noelie! An online-retail exclusive?! No wonder I've never heard of it LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. @cilucia Thanks, Jen! And yes, you no can has this polish... it has no E on the cap! ^_~

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting on my blog! ♥ Please be respectful and don't spam my comments with links. Thank you!