Thursday, June 30, 2011

Nubar Blue Hydrangea

I don't have a ton of Nubars, and sometimes I'm not sure why that is. They have great colors, I like the brush, the formula has been good on the ones I've tried. I guess other things have taken priority over my amassing a giant collection of Nubar. But! When I saw this one, which is part of Nubar's spring 2011 collection, I knew I had to have it.


This is one of my favorite light blues. I hesitate to call it a pastel because even though it is light, it also has a brightness to it that makes me think of summer skies. I guess it's halfway between pastel blue and sky blue.


The color isn't the only thing I struggle to describe. You can't really see it in these pics because I really couldn't capture it no matter how hard I tried, but the finish is like a frost... only without the gross frost brush strokes. There's shimmer going on here, but not shimmer as I normally think of it. The finish almost reminds me of a pearl - shimmery, but completely smooth.


The formula is buttery perfection. No dragging or bald spots or other miscellany that makes light blues such a nightmare normally. If you like light blues at all, do yourself a favor and pick this one up. It's just lovely!
Pin It

4 comments:

  1. VERY pretty! I've just started collecting Nubar and I adore their polishes. I think I like them over Zoya. They're cheaper than Zoya too. I can't wait to get this collection. This one and the prisms collection is on my wishlist.

    NailNarcissist.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. @Roxy Prisms is definitely on my list too! I can't say I like them more than Zoyas, but they really are great. =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm so glad you started a blog! I love this color on you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. @Varnish Me Up Yay, I'm so glad that people are enjoying it! I'm having a lot of fun with it. =) And thanks, I love the color too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting on my blog! ♥ Please be respectful and don't spam my comments with links. Thank you!