Saturday, July 9, 2011

Dupe or No Dupe? Guest starring part of Cilucia's stash!

It started as an argument as to whether or not I can wear orange (Yes, you can! No, I can't!), a subject which will be addressed next, and ended with my friend Cilucia suggesting that we do a swatch swap, where we swap a given number of polishes with each other temporarily so that we could do comparisons, or just try out colors that we've always wanted to... or, she thinks, prove me wrong about whether or not I can wear orange. XD

One of the things I wanted to do was some comparisons, so that's what I'm going to share with you now. Enjoy!

First up, American Apparel African Violet. I really thought this one would be closer to CND Eclectic Purple than it is. It's actually pretty close to Celebutante though. I think I can leave this lemming be for now. =)

Next up, OPI What's With the Cattitude? I really, really though that Nicole by OPI Baby Blue was a dupe for this one. Turns out, I was wrong! I probably should have done three coats of WWTC, but still... these are not dupes. At all.

Then I compared WWTC to Color Club Factory Girl. Closer, but still no cigar. And Factory Girl has a terrible formula to boot. This is three coats, and it's STILL a streaky mess. I'm banishing Factory Girl from my stash, I think. Yuck. And I need to get my paws on What's With the Cattitude!


My next comparison is OPI Sparrow Me the Drama. I'm not normally a fan of pink, but I have had a bee in my bonnet about this shade ever since Cilucia posted her swatches. I went to Ulta specifically to buy it, and ended up walking out with this Ulta shade instead. In the bottle, they are very, VERY similar. They're even close on the nail, but again, not quite a dupe. I think I'm happy with the Ulta one, though. I think.


And lastly, OPI Planks a Lot. Sinful Colors put out a display called Adventure Island, which was a blatant rip off of the OPI Pirates of the Caribbean collection. This is the purple that corresponds with Planks a Lot, a lovely shade called Verbena. Again... not dupes. Verbena has a really great formula, especially for a polish that was only $1.99. But I may yet add Planks a Lot to my stash!

I have to say, this was a brilliant idea. I had so much fun playing around with this and picking out the colors to compare! Thanks for thinking of it, Jen! ♥
Pin It

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for commenting on my blog! ♥ Please be respectful and don't spam my comments with links. Thank you!