Sunday, September 4, 2011

Spa Ritual Earth Matters

*angels sing*


Earth Matter is from SpaRitual's 2011 Earth Day duo, Love Your Planet. This polish wasn't even on my radar until recently when one of my friends posted it in her Top 20 list, and then my other buddy Stef posted pictures of it on her blog. I had to have it. This is one of those lemmings that grabs you fast and fierce and burns with the fire of 1,000 suns. SpaRitual isn't terribly widely distributed, and I was lucky enough to find the Love Your Planet duo still in stock at AveYou when I went to use the gift certificate that my sweet husband had sent me.


Holy wow. Green glitter - I think there's a lighter and a darker green glitter in here - and a sprinkling of gold glitter packed into a green base. These are my favorite kinds of glitters because they build easily on their own, no need to layer them over another polish. What you see here is two easy coats of Earth Matters.


It is a thirsty glitter. I knew it would be before I even got to top coat because it dried fast and to an almost matte finish, the sure sign that this baby was going to suck up top coat like nobody's business. I topped with a coat of Gelous and then Pro FX Quick Dry, and that mostly took care of that problem. I was feeling a tiny bit of grittiness this morning, so I plopped a coat of Sally Hansen Hard as Nails on top, and all is once again right in my glitter world.



And just for fun, a macro shot. I love macro shots. =)


*sigh* Absolutely amazing.

Pin It

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful!!! I need this one so bad! *adds to wish list* :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This IS amazing! Although I hate thirsty glitters, I would put up with it for such a pretty shade!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This reminds me quite a bit of China Glaze "It's Alive", only the glitter is smaller in this one. Absolutely love glittery greens. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty! Would be perfect for St. Patricks Day with a cute print over it!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Please, Noelie, why are you doing this to me?! I would set the world on fire to get a set of these beauties! They are amazing! And Greenhouse reminds me of a Creme de Menthe, which is my everlasting, neverending lemming. Can you please swatch Greenhouse someday?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yesssssss!!! GOD YES! It's perfect on you.. just amazing

    ReplyDelete
  7. @Courtney I hope you're able to track it down, it's so wonderful.

    @Maribeth Yeah, usually thirsty glitters bug me too, but this gem is worth it. =)

    @michelle Yeah, the glitter in this one is really fine, I love it. ^_^

    @Sandra Thank ya!

    @imfeelingnail-venturous Yeah, this will probably be my go-to for St. Pat's!

    @Pani Skeffington I'm sorry, Pani! I do plan to wear Greenhouse very soon. I hadn't thought of it as being like Creme de Menthe, but I can see the similarity now that you mention it. I hate it that some things turn out to be so hard to find. =(

    @Stef ♥ =D I love it so much, I feel lucky to have gotten it before it disappeared from AveYou!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for commenting on my blog! ♥ Please be respectful and don't spam my comments with links. Thank you!