Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Hits Apolo, a Blue for World Autism Awareness Day

I'm actually a day late with this post. World Autism Awareness Day was actually yesterday, but I couldn't get my act together to make a post about it - it was just one of those days. But since it's also Autism Awareness Month, I figured being a day late wasn't too bad. =)

What is Autism?
Autism spectrum disorder (ASD) and autism are both general terms for a group of complex disorders of brain development. These disorders are characterized, in varying degrees, by difficulties in social interaction, verbal and nonverbal communication and repetitive behaviors. They include autistic disorder, Rett syndrome, childhood disintegrative disorder, pervasive developmental disorder-not otherwise specified (PDD-NOS) and Asperger syndrome. ASD can be associated with intellectual disability, difficulties in motor coordination and attention and physical health issues such as sleep and gastrointestinal disturbances. Some persons with ASD excel in visual skills, music, math and art.
 
The above paragraph is from Autism Speaks, and they have lots of great information there. I'm not personally affected by autism, but I have several friends with children on the autism spectrum, and I know from them what an important issue this is. So in support of my friends and their children, siblings and spouses who are autistic, I present you with a lovely blue for Autism Awareness Day, Hits Speciallita Apolo.
 
 
Apolo is simply stunning, a gorgeous medium shade of blue. The formula itself was great, opaque in two coats. My bottle of Apolo is, sadly, plagued with one of the defective Hits brushes, so it was a bit like applying my polish with a fuzzy, frazzled mop. I really wish that brush situation would get under control because I want to order more of these, and it would be great if they had normal brushes. 




Just perfect.

Apolo was actually a gift (Thanks, Daphne!), but it's available through Llarowe.

Until next time, thanks for reading! Pin It

4 comments:

  1. Great initiative, congratulations for the post about Autism.
    About Apolo, I was lucky to have my brush in perfect conditions, it's one of my favorites holos.
    Tuli

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. =)

      I wish that my brush had been perfect. The brush in my bottle of Zeus was fine, but my others are all defective. =\

      Delete

Thank you so much for commenting on my blog! ♥ Please be respectful and don't spam my comments with links. Thank you!